West Green House Gardens
West Green House Gardens offers four seasons of beauty, contrast and inspiration. Created by acclaimed garden designer and writer, Marylyn Abbott and situated in picturesque North Hampshire, it is one of England’s finest manor house gardens, marrying traditional style with contemporary design. It is also home to the West Green House Opera Season which this year takes place between July 23rd and 31st. The opera has its own website for full details about the Season and all on-line ticket booking, but brief details follow at the bottom of this page.
‘A magical garden’ – As featured in The Telegraph’s Best Walled Gardens to Visit
As seen on BBC2′s Gardeners’ World and Best Bakes Ever
Open Wednesday through Sunday until October 30th, 11am to 4.30pm. We also open on Good Friday, Easter Saturday, Easter Sunday and Bank Holiday Mondays.
On garden open days, the Tea Room opens from 11am to 4pm
Our next events…
New events for Autumn… Classic Cars; and Coffee, Kuchen & Strauss!
* Note our new attractions and confirmed arrangements for the day as shown below *
Join us on Sunday, September 25th for our inaugural Classic Car Show, where the proud car owners will polish their cars to perfection to win the West Green Trophy.
This promises to be a great family day out for car enthusiasts and admirers alike on a beautiful autumn Sunday.
- Registered Classic Cars are welcome from 8.30am and should use the Borough Court Road entrance to West Green House
- Members of the public are welcome from 11am and should follow the signs to Car Show Public Parking (not the usual Gardens entrance)
- Entry to the Car Show costs £10 per Adult; £5 per Child (including National Trust Members). This includes entrance to West Green House Gardens
- Refreshments, including hot bacon rolls, freshly made lunches, cream teas and will be available in the Car Show Arena as well as in the West Green House Gardens Tea Room
- Special Afternoon Tea may be pre-booked to be served on the Green Theatre Lawn. £30 per head – please call 01252 844611 before 5pm on Thursday September 22nd
- Fully licensed Bar, Pimms Tent and Prosecco and Champagne Bars will be available until 4pm
- Children’s Zoo and Face Painting will be available
- Last Entry to the Car Show will be 3.30pm
We’re delighted students from the Royal College of Music will join us to provide the music of old Vienna for our indulgent afternoon in the Greenhouse.
Full programme details will be announced shortly.
Accompanied with coffee and whipped cream, plus the finest pastries and cakes in the Viennese tradition, what could be a finer way to enjoy the autumn garden?
Click on the picture to see an enlarged version of the poster.
See our Events Page for more information on these and our other forthcoming events.
Note: West Green House is operated as a private property, and is leased from the National Trust. The House is not open to the public.
Picnics are only permitted outside the main entrance gate, either in the Old Orchard which is adjacent to the Greenhouses or in the car park. Please ensure you take all your litter home with you.
No dogs please, except for Support Dogs.